Welcome to the first edition our weekly “how we are doing’ posts, chronicling our experience of building DeckSender.
We aim to make a business release every week – this means product updates, new partnerships, user and customer interactions and much more – and we’ll share all the most interesting bits here.
The story so far…
- Founders can sign up, create their startups and upload decks
- Everyone can search for investors
- Investors can sign up and claim their curated profile
- Founders can search for matching investors, select them and send reviewed decks to them
- Currently 713 active and curated investors and 168 startups.
Features released this week
- Automatic deck reviews
Every uploaded deck is automatically routed to our Review Network for a very quick once-over. We check that it reasonably constitutes a pitch deck – not that it is good, accurate or will appeal to anyone!
- Automatic investor profile review.
Investors can sign up and are immediately set to inactive until our Review Network checks them out, to make sure they are bona-fide.
- Saving investor searches
Have a search that you are always using, now you can save it for ease. We’ll be automating this, so it triggers when matching investors sign up.
- Basic Investor <> Founder messaging
Founders can now directly receive the investor responses to their deck.
- Usability improvements
Features planned for next week
- Increased encryption and focus on security
- Launch a new knowledge base for self-service help
and free up the team from answering the same questions!
- Move to new infrastructure
room for growth.
- Improved investor <> founder /startup matching
- Matching based auto suggestions
- Startup searching
helping investors find startups they might invest in.
- We need to build investor trust
- Go slow, to go fast
- Don’t assume.
Thanks for keeping up. Comments and support below – ta!